Friday, March 9, 2018

SOL #9: ATVs On The Wrong Side Of The Road In Mexico (Part 1)

One of the favorite things I did in Mexico was ride an ATV. My Dad had one that my uncle kept locked up in a garage, along with another ATV that belonged to one of my uncles. Me and a couple of my cousins would ride them constantly. I was even allowed to drive by myself, as long as my cousins were also driving. I'll admit, my cousins get wilder on the ATV than they usually are. Sharp turns, high speeds, and public roads are all routine for them.

It was my sister Lucy's birthday party. My family decided to celebrate at a ranch that some of my aunts and uncles live at. We were given permission to take the ATVs to the ranch as long as we drove on terrain instead of public highways. To get to the ranch with a normal car, you have to drive on this highway that actually goes to the city's exit. The ranch isn't beyond the town but you still need to take that highway. My uncle told my cousins where to drive and what turns to take and such. I couldn't understand all of what they were saying but I could tell that my cousins were having trouble understanding the directions. Either way, we got on the ATVs, me using my dad's ATV and my cousins taking turns driving the other one. And that's how it all began.

1 comment:

  1. I had the same experience. My sister and I drove my aunt's car at an apple orchard. It was fun, but my sister was driving way faster than me. I didn't think she'd had it in herself. Anyway, good job! Your post is interesting and relatable!

    ReplyDelete