Tuesday, March 6, 2018

SOL #6: The Netflix Loophole

Recently, I asked my dad to help me out with our Netflix account. I had the account logged in on my PS4 and I mainly used it to watch “The Office” and whatever else I wanted to in private. I was going to watch another episode of “The Office” when I was prompted to either log in to start a free trial. I tried possible emails and passwords yet none worked. I couldn’t believe it. I’d have to eat my Flaming Hot Cheetos with nacho cheese while watching “The Office” in the living room. I asked for help and after a grueling while, we were able to change the password and write down the login details. I was happy. I could now watch whatever I wanted to in the privacy of my own room. I can wake up and sneak an episode in my morning routine. This happiness was short-lived as my dad came back downstairs with bad news. My mom didn’t want me watching Netflix on my PS4.

This was just like the time she said I couldn’t have an antenna for television. I tell myself that she probably thinks I watch “Criminal Minds” in my spare time. I’d watch that with my dad when I wasn’t even in sixth grade. In all reality, she doesn’t want me watching anything she thinks is inappropriate for me. It’s funny when I think that because she knows I like “The Office” but she thinks “Friends” is too inappropriate.

It was a bummer that I couldn’t have Netflix on my PS4. Not too long after, I thought of a solution. If I had the correct email and password, I can just use the app. I can then watch whatever I want, whenever I want. They’ll probably only find out if they see the app on my phone, but I have it well hidden on my phone. Mom, you were close, but no cigar.

No comments:

Post a Comment