Monday, March 12, 2018

SOL #1: ATVs On The Wrong Side Of The Road In Mexico (Part 2)

Me and my cousins were on our way to the ranch. It wasn't too long before we started driving on good old Mexican red soil. In video games and movies, off-road driving is rough. There's crazy turns and uncontrollable cars and such. In reality, off-road driving is just driving on a really bumpy road that gets your outfit dusty. The black hat I brought from Mexico probably still has ranch dust.

The way we were taking was familiar becuase I've driven there before with my dad. Eventually, my cousins started taking a buunch of wrong turns and we ended up lost on the ranch. They called my uncle for instructions and we started driving again. We drove out of the ranch into a highway that I haven't seen before. With the traffic, there was no way we could go to the right side of the road.

I like to say that I drove an ATV on the wrong side of the road in Mexico to grab people's attention. When people hear that, they probably think I was driving fast and dodging oncoming cars like a maniac. This isn't at all what happened. We went slow and drove on the shoulder of the highway. We eventually found another entrance into the ranch and went to my sister's birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment