Thursday, March 1, 2018

SOL #1: Childhood Memories

Every now and then, I like to think about my childhood and how much I long for it. They were simple days. I'd get home from school, finish an easy worksheet for homework, and then have free time to myself until my bedtime. Free time for me was usually playing with Lego bricks and action figures while watching TV. I remember watching PBS Kids and Qubo, the TV stations that kids would watch if they didn't have cable. I'd play with Lego bricks from sets and make my own things like spaceships and other vehicles. The things I made meant a lot to me.

Back then, a year or even a month was an eternity. It seemed to have never come. Nowadays they just keep coming. 7th grade was almost as slow as other years. This year is different. It went by too fast. It's hard to believe that we're in the third quarter when it feels like we should be at the middle of the second. I feel like an entire half of the year just decided to speed itself up. It'll feel like a month of my childhood went by from now until summer. It's funny how all of that works. The elementary school version of me felt that time was too slow. Now I feel that time is too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment