Sunday, March 18, 2018

SOL #18: No WiFi

It's been a whole week without WiFi. My dad didn't pay the bills so I have to resort to using a mobile hotspot on my phone. My computer, PS4, and when PARCC is over, my iPad, has to use my phone as its makeshift modem. It's not as bad as I thought. Connecting devices to my phone's hotspot can be tricky but after that, I have almost no trouble at all. I can write my blogs and play video games with the hotspot. My only main issue is my PS4. I'm a PlayStation Plus member which not only means I can play multiplayer video games but I also get two free games each month. This year, I got "Ratchet & Clank," and "Bloodbourne." I wanted to download the latter and see how difficult the game was for myself but downloads take an eternity. On Friday, I had to update one of my video games in order to play with my friend. The update file was around 1.25 gigabytes but it took around twelve hours to download. For now, I'm stuck with the games already on my PS4 until my dad switches to a different internet provider. Xfinity's prices were raised to the point that we were paying around $100 a month including Netlix.

No comments:

Post a Comment