Monday, March 5, 2018

SOL #5: Christmas Traditions

Every family has their own traditions and ways they celebrate Christmas. Some families celebrate it the day of, and many others, like mine, celebrate at midnight on Christmas Eve. My family tends to celebrate with my mom's family. Both families go to church at midnight. On Christmas, church takes up around one or two hours. After church, we all drive to my grandparents' house. There, we all get together and eat posole. Posole is a Mexican soup made with chicken, white hominy, and red, spicy soup.

While we're there, we watch Christmas movies on Netflix or TV stations. After we're done eating, we exchange gifts. When I was younger. I'd sleepover at my grandparents' house with the new toys I got. I'd have so much fun staying over because I was away from home and playing with toys and board games. Now I'm older and there's barely anything fun to do besides play the video games that my uncles have. I have my own PlayStation so I never feel like playing their games unless I want to play the games that my parents wouldn't let me play. Times have changed but I have fond memories of Christmas at my grandparents' house.

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely relate to this. I have fond memories of watching Christmas movies and opening presents at my Uncle’s house. This makes my heart warm up!

    ReplyDelete