Saturday, March 10, 2018

SOL #10: Saturdays

Saturdays for me have changed since the time we came back from Mexico. My mom's dream is to become a teacher so she's taking classes at Morton College. She signed up for one on Saturday mornings, which means me and my dad have to take care of my sisters (and we all have the house to ourselves) until around two in the afternoon. This would be great for me because then I'd be able to play video games all morning. I said "would" because my dad also has to go somewhere on Saturday mornings. I think he was asked to make an extra room (a confessionary) in a church downtown in Chicago. He usually takes until eleven or twelve in the morning, but that can seem like days when I'm stuck babysitting my sisters. At first, everything is perfect. My sister's will be watching Netflix or playing on their little tablets for the first half hour. After that, a problem like my sisters not being able to decide who picks the next movie/TV show or the little one (Lucy) being jealous of Gaby because she's using her school iPad. I'm honestly not good with children. I don't know how babysitters do it. Either way, I manage to survive the few hours before my dad comes home. After that, I play video games for a couple of hours. Sometime between one and two, I start my weekly cleaning routine. When I'm done cleaning, I start my homework or start reading. This way, my mom comes home to me looking like a responsible young man doing his homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment