Friday, May 26, 2017

Final Reflection

What are the three most important things you learned this year?
I learned that everyone believes in something that guides their lives or personal philosophies that guide their actions. The This I Believe project taught me this.
I also learned that when we try to use our memories for a project like a narrative essay or a This I Believe project, you think of another memory to use when you're relaxed. You use another memory because you need to think of one on the spot for an assignment. One of the many important things I learned this year is how to make a good topic sentence and objective summary. I'm thankful for the lessons we did on this from the beginning of the year. I think I'll forever keep a screenshot of the packet Mrs. Larson gave us.

What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?
Something I'll always remember is the TKAM feast in quarter 2 or 3. I'll never forget this because classmates brought delicious dishes foods from the book. I'll remember the cook-off Sophie and Hazelle had, the sardine Sam ate, the ham, the gum I chewed multiple sticks of, and basically eating most of the class period.

What was the nicest thing someone in our class did I for you?
I can't remember if my classmates did any favors for me except for one thing. I believe it was a Thursday or Friday after we did an AoW gallery walk. I can't remember the assignment we had to do from that gallery walk but I needed the title of Vince's article and it was after school. I used a messenger and asked him for the title which he gave me.

What is something you taught your teacher or your classmates this year?
Vince found out how to get the links of our Google Docs but not everyone else knew. He or Kezia taught me how to do this which I appreciated. Another day, Lorin needed the link for her ELA document so I showed her how to get the link.


In what area did you improve most in? What is something you're proud of?
I can only think of improving in adding more thoughts to socratic seminars and spelling tests. I'm proud of my This I Believe essay because I can share my thoughts and beliefs with the class. I can also learn about what others believe in.

What was the most challenging part for you this year?
I'd say the butterfly project was the hardest. Even looking back at that, the project didn't seem too hard. The challenging bit was building the butterfly. To determine the most challenging assignment, I'd have to do all of them. Remembering makes me think this year wasn't too difficult.

What was the best piece of writing you did this year?
I believe my best piece of writing I made this school year in ELA is my argumentative essay. I used evidence to prove why I thought more gun control laws should be enforced.

Of the books I read with the class, "Tuesdays with Morrie" was my favorite. I would've picked "To Kill A Mockingbird" instead for being a great classic regarding racism and childhood. I didn't because "Tuesdays With Morrie" shared the invaluable lessons of Morrie Schwartz about life and death. It taught me and other classmates things that we'll never forget. I also liked this book because of the aphorism project we did. It made us think of our own aphorism that we live by.

I'd like to tell next years students to not worry. I had a friend who would've joined the class but didn't because she thought it would be too much work. The truth is that the class is and isn't too much. If I survived the many assignments of this class, many others can. Just don't worry, get the work done, learn, and you'll be fine. Another bit of advice is to try not to give Mrs. Larson "bare bones." If you think you put too little work and effort, revise your assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment