Friday, May 26, 2017

"Living Life As It Should Be Lived"

“Living Life As It Should Be Lived”

I believe in enjoying and living every moment in life to the fullest. We all have moments when we’re bored out of our minds, when we’re stuck in places we don’t want to be, or when we have to do work that we just don’t want to do. Everyone is familiar with these moments but an ELA assignment helped me realize what I should do in these situations.

I had just come home from my daily walk from school. I changed from my navy blue polo that was half drenched in sweat from the warm heat and my fast walking pace. After eating dinner with my parents and two sisters, I thought about part of an assignment. It was to make your own aphorism or phrase about life. Pacing back and forth in my bedroom, I remembered something I read in a memoir and connected that to my math class.

My class and I had read a memoir, “Tuesdays With Morrie,” which contains the life lessons of Morrie Schwartz. Morrie was an old university professor who was diagnosed with ALS. One of the lessons he shared was that people wish they could relive their childhood because they didn't live their youth fully. This came to my mind and I wondered if I could base my aphorism off that or make one with a similar topic. I finally did when I thought of my math class.

I went to a math class every morning where the activities simply bored me. Most of what my teacher has taught the class is stuff I had already known. This is why I disliked my math class. After thinking about the statement about reliving your childhood, I realized that I wouldn't want to be someone who had the same wish of going back to the past .

Try to live even the dullest of moments fully. That was my own personal aphorism that I now live by. I shared this with a classmate who said that our math class could be used for time to think about whatever’s in your head. That's the kind of thing I want to think about. The advantages of boring moments or places you don't want to be in. I think everyone should use my piece of advice. That way our lives might be a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment