Sunday, April 16, 2017

Book Blog 4/16/17: "Sting"

I've only read the beginning of “Sting” and the book seems promising. March and Jules, young cat burglars, are on a heist in Paris to steal a briefcase of diamonds. During the heist, another thief steals most of the diamonds leaving the duo with one of three cursed diamonds. I've only read up to how March and Jules try to escape the authorities that were alerted. According to the back cover, March Jules and a few other friends have to execute two more heists for the other two diamonds in the set while avoiding authorities like Interpol and dangerous criminal gangs.

In my opinion, the characters in “Sting” are more likely to be unrealistic. The two main characters, March and Jules, are twins that were separated from birth. They were the children of a burglar which is unlikely enough. March and Jules meet other kids who have special talents that help them in further heists in a kind of school. I'd say this is possible but there would be a small chance.

I would recommend this book but only on one condition. That whoever I'd recommend the book to would have to read the first book, “Loot.” Parts of “Sting” wouldn’t make sense if the reader didn’t read “Loot” first. The main characters stories are in the first book along with who other main characters are. If somebody has read “Loot,” then I’d tell them about “Sting.” I haven’t read so much of it yet but the plot is on the back cover of the book. It seems interesting and the book is excellent.


No comments:

Post a Comment