Friday, March 31, 2017

Quarter 3 Reflections

An area that I've improved on is argumentative essays. What we've done already is a bit new but useful. I don't think I've ever thought of expected counter arguments until now. Having a small list of sources is great because you can extract quotes from the sources to use in your essay. There's also the CRAPP test which checks if your sources are reliable. I remember some things from the paper and thinks about them when I stumble upon a new article. Things like: when was it written, does the author have contact information and credentials? Some of these tactics are things I've never known of so I'll be sure to use them for future essays.

I scored 100% on the U.S. Constitution test which I am proud for! I didn't exactly get a perfect score because I refused to do an extra task for a 4 instead of a 3. I thought it would be tiring so I decided to read instead. Later a friend told me that there were three questions and you only had to answer one for a 4. One was to give an example of a branch of our government using checks and balances in today’s current events. I thought of what I would've responded and questioned myself for not attempting. Now I learned that I should always go for the 4.

One of the most challenging parts of Quarter 3 was the Butterfly project. I wasn't sure of what I would use or how creative my final product could be. Many used wood but there wasn't any in my house. To overcome my material problem, I searched my basement and found stacks of paper and the other materials of my butterfly. During the time of making the tags on a Google Doc, I accidentally put them directly in Thinglink. A problem was that I was at a party and didn't have my iPad. Thankfully, a Thinglink app for iPhones existed so that I could do my work where ever I was.


No comments:

Post a Comment