Friday, January 19, 2018

Quarter 2 Reflection

-In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in English Language Arts?

I think I have improved in writing with TIQA and writing essays. More specifically, I think my biggest improvement is in thematic essay writing. Last year, I slipped up and made "And this brings us to Atticus" as one of my topic sentences. This was for a thematic essay we did on To Kill A Mockingbird. After Mrs. Larson used my mistake as an example of what not to do, I realized that I had to think harder about what I use in TIQA essays. I remembered last year's mistake and reminded myself to make better topic sentences for this year's thematic essay. 

-What is something you have accomplished since the new year that your are proud of?

Something that I've accomplished since the new year that I'm proud of is getting better grades on my assignments and spelling tests. I wasn't sure if I'd see any 2's when I checked my Powerschool grades. If I did have any 2's maybe they weren't on Powerschool but at least I have mostly 3's and 4's. I'm proud of having good grades for the only advanced class in this school and this is something that I wan't to keep up.

-What has been the most challenging part of 2nd quarter for you and what did/can you do to help overcome this?

The most challenging part of this quarter was being able to participate in socratic seminars. Participation was only an issue if the guides were an issue as well. I find guides sometimes hard to fill in. I want to jot down ideas that I can contribute to the discussion. Most of the time, we talk about topics different than what I write in my guide. To make my life easier, I can ask a few friends and classmates for small previews of what they'll talk about. I'll also ask for what they think we'll talk about during the seminar. This way, I can contribute more to future socratic seminars.

No comments:

Post a Comment