Friday, December 16, 2016

"A Man of Courage and Court"

Courage is when you're licked before you begin
She was the bravest person I ever knew
But you begin anyway
See it through no matter what

In our courts all men are created equal
Our courts have their faults
Courts are the great levelers
You rarely win
But sometimes you do

There's a lot of ugly things
Keep 'em all away
Hold your head high

"He's tryin' to be funny,"
"I'm very grateful"
"Never said anything about that"
"It's a sin to kill a mockingbird"


I commented on Eamonn's, Carter's, and Max's blogs.

5 comments:

  1. Angel, I really liked your poem. It is very similar to mine, and you did a good job showing the courage and bravery that Atticus explains throughout the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I's have to agree with Jack, Nice poem, Angel! I like the way that this poem seems to be a conversation between two people, Atticus, and someone else (near the end). I also Like that you covered the theme of bravery and courage, as most people who covered Atticus (like me) focused on race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how this poem tied in with its theme of bravery. It was put together very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very nice poem, Angel! I like how you added some dialogue from the book into the poem. It makes it sound even more real, and it also lets you see Attiocis in two different lights.

    ReplyDelete